Author: Manoj Gangwar Date submitted: May 18, 2012
Sewa International Trophy
Play Cricket and Help War Victims
Sewa International ‘Cricket For Charity’ tournament to help Sri Lanka Post War Rehabilitation Efforts.
Sewa International Colorado Chapter is organizing a ‘Cricket for Charity’ knockoff tournament to benefit post war rehabilitation efforts in Sri Lanka. The tournament will be held in Littleton on June 17th and in Longmont on June 24th. Sewa International is partnering with Colorado Tennis Cricket League to conduct this tournament.
The tournament is open to all. Each team will compete to win the Sewa International trophy. Sewa is organizing a Mela (fair) in the field to encourage families to watch the cricket and have fun. Ethnic food, entertainment, children activities and opportunities to socialize are the main attractions of the tournament besides cricket.
Both June 17th and 24th are great days to have an outing with your families, and help out people in need while doing what you love doing – playing cricket.
Here are the details of the tournament.
1. Teams play with hard tennis balls in the tournament
2. The games are held at Cornerstone Park in Littleton and Lower Acre Gardens in Longmont.
3. Each team will have 11 players
4. Each team will bat for 10 overs.
5. Registration Fee per team is $180. Students pay only $90.
6. June 3rd is the last day to register.
7. Please send your confirmation to any of these people
Vidya Tontalapur email@example.com
Manoj Gangwar firstname.lastname@example.org
Shravan Kommu email@example.com
8. You don't need experience to be part of a team to play cricket. Freelancers can also signup.
9. Please help Sewa find companies and businesses to sponsor the event and your team. Please ask a Sewa volunteer for details.
For details please call 720-515-SEWD (7393) or email Denver@sewausa.org
The war victims in Sri Lanka deserve your help. Sewa International volunteers are already working on many relief and development Projects in Sri Lanka. Your help can make a difference in the lives of people ravaged by internal strife and war. By working together we can help people better.
About Sewa International USA
Sewa International is a Hindu faith-based international service organization active in 17 countries including the United States. SEWA’s Mission is to serve humanity in distress, aid the local communities and promote volunteering.
Sewa is a 501 (c)(3) non- profit and all donations to Sewa are tax exempt. “Service to humanity is service to God” is Sewa’s motto. For more details on Sewa International, please visit http://www.sewausa.org.
Along with supporting development initiatives across the world, Sewa runs many service projects in the United States. Sewa volunteers are helping the Bhutanese refugee families settle in across the country and run Diwali food drives to aid local homeless shelters.
Sewa International is adopting 50 villages in Sri Lanka and the money collected in this tournament is spent on rebuilding schools, orphanages, hospitals and homes. A part of the money is also spent on providing job skills training to men and women and to help people send their children to school.
Listed below are few of the recent major projects that Sewa International Colorado Chapter is working on or has successfully completed.
1. Donating 50 bicycles (28 new), helmets, pumps and locks to help Bhutanese refugee children commute to school.
2. Provide Monthly Bus Passes & Tokens worth $500 to kids staying far away from school. This is an ongoing program.
3. Partnered with IRS to establish and manage a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site in Aurora, CO from February to April 2012. Sewa volunteers helped many elderly, disabled and low income people prepare and file their taxes for free.